Career opportunities at our Head Office and retail locations across the South West
Regional Retail Manager
Since our launch in 1996, Whistlefish has become a leading art & greetings card retailer in the South West. We sell a wide selection of cards, wrapping paper, art prints, canvas art & gift. We’re still growing; today we have 11 galleries across Devon & Cornwall, covering the major tourist hotspots of the region. So, with all those cards, art and gifts, store management is vital in empowering store staff whilst achieving continual sales growth in your area.
As Regional Retail Manager reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for managing and controlling all our galleries through delivery of excellent customer service, maintaining high store standard levels and adhering to company policies. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to develop the turnover from the full network of galleries and excel in retail management.
- Results driven
- Strong and natural leader with ability to coach.
- Proven management experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Capability to build, develop and motivate highly skilled sales individuals.
- Understand the importance of delegation to direct reports.
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive as required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a retail area management role.
- A customer champion with drive and passion to win
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Ability to drive team through strong coaching skills.
- Achievement of net and retail targets and market share growth in area
- Strong organisational skills
- Competent IT skills.
- Strong communications skills, ability to set targets, communicate and review performance vs expectations within your team.
- Managing vision and purpose
- Flexible and adaptable approach to business requirements
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Drive sales within the retail sector to deliver the monthly and annual targets & KPIs agreed with the Managing Director
- Manages work-flow priorities and delegates tasks appropriately to ensure key Brand activity is delivered as required
- Schedule and visit all galleries on a regular rotation.
- Interfaces with key Head Office departments to ensure communication to the Gallery teams is delivered in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ability to deliver written communications in a clear and relevant manner ensuring stores receive accurate information as they require it
- Identifies and implements improvements to Galleries
- Ability to manage and deliver ad hoc projects, such as new system initiatives
- Manage, train and motivate Gallery Staff to drive incremental performance
- Actively participate in new product/service launches and ensure visibility is available to customers
- Ensure the Whistlefish brand, product and services visibility is maintained to the best possible level within the retail store by your team.
- Provide accurate and relevant market intelligence that is vital to business decisions
You will be remunerated with a great package with a motivational and achieved commission structure. If you are a sales focused retail professional with leadership and management qualities, apply now and join a growing company within the creative retail industry.