Career opportunities at our Head Office and retail locations across the South West
Trade Sales Executive
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a Trade Sales Executive based at our Head Office in Redruth, Cornwall.
As a Trade Sales Executive, you will be responsible for driving nationwide growth of the trade side of our business. Working at our Head Office, you will be devising and implementing your own sales plans, you will have the full support of the business in delivering new business whilst cultivating the existing customer accounts. We are looking for somebody who can bring experience, energy, commitment, vision, determination, insight and fresh thinking.
- Results driven
- Confident and approachable with excellent communication skills
- Enjoy developing and nurturing business relationships
- Thrive working independently
- Have the drive, passion and enthusiasm to build your networks
- Are looking for a role that rewards dedication
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive as required
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Sales experience within a trade environment
- Be highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding telephone sales & persuasion techniques
- Able to work well both independently and within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- A keen interest in art and greeting cards would be an advantage
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Drive sales within the trade sector to deliver the monthly and annual targets & KPIs.
- Hunt down and discover new business opportunities
- Go beyond the chase to cultivate prospects into paying clients
- Expand relationships with current customers
- Identifies and implements improvements to Trade sales procedures
- Deal with all online trade accounts including activation, declination and maintenance
- Set up, gather information, communicate with and support new trade applications
- Liaising with customers delivering a friendly and efficient service, taking orders and arranging deliveries, communicating about order updates, additions or drops to the collection.
- Use and maintain a company database / retail software system
- Work with the eCommerce & Marketing manager to maximise the potential of the Trade website and develop the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns,
You will be remunerated with a competitive package with a motivational and achievable commission structure. If you are a driven and experienced sales focused professional looking for a role where they can really make a difference, apply now and join a growing company within the creative retail industry.
Gallery Supervisor - St Ives, Falmouth & Truro
The Gallery Supervisor will have responsibility for the day to day basic running of 4 of our Galleries located across the South of Cornwall and ensuring exceptional customer service at all times.
Main Role & Responsibilities to include:
- Overall responsibility for the running of the retail outlets
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards
- Manage, recruit and motivate sales staff, including managing the staff rota
- Keeping within the aims and objectives of Milkwood
- Seeking opportunities to drive sales
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure that all staff deliver the same
- Respond effectively to customer comments and complaints
- Receive deliveries from our in-house delivery drivers, check off as correct and deal with any errors. This may involve contacting Head Office by telephone
- Execute and monitor loss prevention and damages
- Ensure employee awareness of health & safety and emergency procedures
- Liaise with Head Office on staffing matters including recruitment and timely submission of staff timesheets
- Ensure the interior and exterior of store is maintained to company standards
- Management of all store operational issues including store administration, price changes, display
- Answer any queries they may have which may include stock availability, details of special offers, pricing, promotions, company policies and other information as required.
- Serving customers at the tills and handling customer’s transactions including cash, card and gift cards
- Support the Company to increase its online reach by offering our newsletters and / or frequent competitions by taking e-mail information
- Keep the shop floor, shelving and stock clean and tidy constantly.
- Restock items ensuring they are attractively displayed as per company policy
- Professionally and accurately advise on and deal with any mail order items as per company policy
- Work according to the company Health & Safety requirements and, deal with any Health & Safety concerns swiftly taking advice as necessary
- Work professionally and communicate with colleagues, managers and Head Office at all times to ensure information is received and passed effectively
- As assigned by the Regional Retail Manager